Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Breyer (Read 36952 times)
tafl

Re: Breyer
Reply #3 - 11/19/07 at 11:49:20
Post Tools
Glenn Flear's 'The Ruy Lopez Main Line', Everyman 2004 is quite good. It attempts to cover the entire Closed Ruy Lopez complex in 176 pages and as a consequence is a bit superficial. However, there are 23 pages on the Breyer and in addition some quite useful discussion of 9.d4 and other alternatives for White.

A computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing - Emo Philips

IP Logged

Willempie
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #2 - 11/19/07 at 09:08:13
Post Tools
Only know of books for white. The treatment in Khalifman is I think the best atm and quite extensive.

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

IP Logged

woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Reply #1 - 11/18/07 at 15:58:49
Post Tools
The only english book available on the Breyer is by L S Blackstock, published by Batsford in 1976. Not sure if the German or Dutch language books have any newer material on it.

If Im not wrong, the popularity of the Breyer was high during the time of Spassky & Karpov.

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." - Murray Walker

IP Logged

HgMan
God Member

Demand me nothing: What
you know, you know

Breyer
11/18/07 at 15:12:18
Post Tools
Given the number of new books on the Ruy Lopez for both sides, does anyone know if a repertoire book on the Breyer is on the way?  What is the status of the Breyer at present?

"Luck favours the prepared mind."  --Louis Pasteur

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo